Monday, June 15, 2009

I hope you enjoy following my progress on my losing weight blog. I am feeling better with each day and have been able to keep the weight off thus far! I would encourage you to lose weight along with me. Together we can be a support for each other and with encouragement make the challenges more bearable! Continue to follow my progress and send me some encouraging words! I purchased a book from Barnes & Noble that has put a new light on weight loss. I saw Dr. Eric Braverman on the TV show "The Doctors" and was really impressed with what he said, so I purchased his book entitled "Younger, Thinner You Diet". He states that in order to lose weight you need to have the brain balanced with 4 critical brain chemicals - dopamine, acetylcholine, GABA and serotonin. Every process in your body - including weight gain, disease, and aging - is governed by your brain's electricity. The 4 critical brain chemicals named above insure that this electricity is transferred to the body in the right power, speed, rhythm and synchrony. If you are deficient in any of these chemicals, your brain will create specific food cravings which not only leads to weight gain and ill health, but further ages your brain chemistry. He includes a test which allows you find out which brain chemical you are low in and then how to eat the correct foods to bring that brain chemical back up to par. If you get a chance to read the book, it is very interesting and easy to read.

No comments: